We welcome people enthusiastic in early years education and who love children.
We are always looking for outstanding nursery practitioners to join our excellent team.
Full time or part time both welcome.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Alternatively, please fill in the application form online.
Current Vacancy: Nursery Practitioner
Main Purpose of Role:
To be a proactive member of a staff team who provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
To offer full and practical support in the day to day running of the nursery. Main duties of role include but are not limited to the following.
Reporting to: The Nursery Management team and Team Group Leader
Below is a list of tasks and responsibilities that you are obliged to fulfil in your role as a Nursery Practitioner
• To understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children – report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, give appropriate notice of holiday requests and report non attendance through sickness promptly and appropriately to a member of management, keeping in line with the Cottage Day Ltd Employee Handbook.
• To be proactive in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children in the care of Cottage Day Ltd; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration.
• To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
• To maintain and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
• To develop a thorough knowledge of all of the company’s operational policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
• To be fully up to date with the welfare requirements of the “Early Years Foundation Stage” and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements.
• To be proactive in assisting with the process of activity planning, child observation and ensure that development records are completed on a regular basis.
• To follow all routines, duties, timetables, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duty as requested by management.
• To ensure that communication with children, parents and the staff team is polite and courteous at all times.
• To share relevant information and ensure that information passed between parents and staff is communicated to your supervisor/Nursery Manager as appropriate.
• To support key person(s) within the setting and to complete assigned duties.
• To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to children and their families; your own and other staff members issues and any other management or operational issues.
• Involvement and enrolment in company training courses to be undertaken and completed which may, at various times, be outside normal working hours.
• To be involved in developing and delivering a stimulating and creative atmosphere within the group.
• To attend all mandatory training sessions and workshops (as advised by your manager).
• To attend staff meetings, professional development training and any other events as requested by your Nursery Manager.
• To ensure that all monthly invoices, newsletters and other parent information is given to parents promptly. • To liaise with the Manager, Deputy and other Group Leaders on a regular basis.
• To carry out any other reasonable additional duties as requested by the management team.
• To take responsibility for continued professional development by attending courses (in-house and external), receiving constructive feedback and reading relevant materialDress Code and Personal Conduct.
Pay depends on qualifications and experience.
You should preferrably have NVQ2 and above in Child Care.
The Cottage Day Nursery
St Hildas Church Hall
1 Courtrai Road
London SE23 1PL
Tel: +44 208 2917117
7.30 am - 6.00 pm
Monday to Friday
Ready for enrolment?
Please fill in the registration form online. We will get in touch shortly. Alternatively, please download the paper form below and hand in the filled form to the nursery.